Scripture: John 10:1-10
(1) “I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. (2) The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. (3) The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. (4) When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. (5) But they will never follow a stranger; but in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” (6) Jesus used this figure of speech, but they did not understand what he was telling them. (7) Therefore, Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. (8) All whoever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. (9) I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved (kept safe). He will come in and go out, and find pasture. (10) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
1. Jesus is our Good Shepherd, and before He even came in this world, His sheep were already chosen.
2. The enemy tries so hard to bring us away from our shepherd.
3. Being the gate, Jesus gives us the picture of Him being the way. Telling the truth of His purpose, Jesus gives us the truth; and assuring us through this parable that the good shepherd goes ahead of his flock so that He may find pasture for the sheep to feed on, gives us the picture of Him giving us life.
1. If we seek Jesus’ voice and earnestly listen to Him, we will know which way to follow Him. Our hearts will be filled with even more desire to obey Him and His Word.
2. We can seek Jesus and our Father through the Bible. We must spend time every single day to not only read the Bible but study it.
3. And when we listen to Jesus, we can be sure that we are following Him.
Father in Heaven, I am sorry for the times that I do not listen to Your voice. I am sorry for choosing not to read Your word and doing something else. But I praise You Father, because You do not let me be in that way. You would always use people in my life to remind me of how much You love me and care about me. I praise You Father for Your unending love and overflowing grace. I pray and ask that You would help me seek You and Your voice more. Lord, I pray that You would be by my side always, and give me the strength to always choose You and keep You the center of my life. I also pray that the church will always put You first above all else. Use us continually for Your greater glory, especially in sharing Your love to the lost. Thank you so much for everything You continually give us. Thank you for Your love, grace, guidance & protection. Thank you for this time that I am enjoying the time that I get to focus on You alone. All these I ask and pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.